At the NMRL, making the leap from athletes to military personnel to astronauts is an easy one. The equipment and resources situated in the lab combined with the extensive expertise of its multi-disciplinary team of faculty, staff and students produces cutting-edge and innovative research capabilities.
The NMRL boasts:
- 30 years of comprehensive, relevant sports medicine research as part of the University of Pittsburgh
- A 12-year history of DoD Human Performance Operation and Injury Prevention Research
- Lab leadership with over 55 years of military experience and 75 years of sports medicine experience
- Unique understanding of DoD Human Performance Operation and Injury Prevention needs
- International Exposure
- Australian Defence Forces
- Finnish Defence Forces
- United Kingdom
- British Ministry and Defence partners
- Department of Army Headquarters
For more information about the lab's facilities and equipment, click here.